The Ruboto team is proud to announce the release of Ruboto 0.10.1.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone
Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support
and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The
APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby
New in version 0.10.1:
This release updates JRuby to version 1.7.1 and updates the RubotoCore
platform apk significantly. The location of the Ruby Standard Library
inside the RubotoCore platform apk has been moved to /jruby.home due to
new restrictions set by Google Play Store. Also the manual download
site for the RubotoCore platform apk has moved due to GitHub shutting
down their download area.
- Issue #302 Order attributes in AndroidManifest.xml to reduce noise on
- Issue #317
- Issue #325 Verify that “adb” is in path and use it to find
- Issue #328 Replace github downloads
- Issue #297 Start-up progress appearing late
- Issue #307 ruboto gen key --alias … is ignored
- Issue #308 rake publish keystore security ambiguity
- Issue #309 Bug: rake publish refers to the wrong “…-unsigned.apk”
- Issue #312 ruboto gen key defaults to certificate with 6 months to
- Issue #313 ruboto publish tries to create final HelloRuboto.apk file
- Issue #315 rake publish / keytool password inconsistency
- Issue #330 Random NPEs when changing from ServerList to GlobalChat
- Issue #273 Ouya support
- Issue #310 android in PATH but Ruboto clueless as to ANDROID_HOME
- Issue #319 Hello Ruboto app takes 10+ seconds to load on real Galaxy S
- Issue #320 Monkeypatching?
- Issue #324 Faster Ruboto apps with NDK?
- Issue #326 Kindle support?
- Issue #327 Blackberry support?
- Issue #331 Command doesnt work “ruboto gen app”
- Issue #318 Ruboto vector logo
- Issue #311 Added ANDROID_HOME tip to README
- Issue #321 Fixed signing bug
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Java JDK, the Android SDK, Apache
ANT, and a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root)
gem install ruboto
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name>
You can find an introductory tutorial at
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
The Ruboto Team