Remedy IT is pleased to announce the release of version 1.5.1 of
R2CORBA, an implementation of the Ruby CORBA Language mapping
(RCLM). This software is provided as Open Source.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Updated to support the latest MRI Ruby versions
(now supports MRI 1.9.3-2.2.0)
- Updated to support the latest JRuby version (1.7.19)
- Updated to support TAO <= 2.3.1
- Updated to support JacORB <= 3.5
- RIDL frontend upgraded to 2.5.5
- and more (see the CHANGES document in the distribution)
Try it out!
This is the easiest to install (R2)CORBA product in existence.
Just execute ‘gem install r2corba’ and start working.
Read the installation instructions at
https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/wiki/R2CPG_Ch2_IR for more
R2CORBA provides a 100% OMG RCLM compliant CORBA implementation for MRI
and JRuby running on Windows (32bit and 64bit) and Linux (32bit and
- 100% native Ruby IDL compiler;
- support for direct IDL inclusion in Ruby code;
- support for Ruby CORBA clients;
- support for Ruby CORBA servants;
- support for all IDL defined datatypes;
- and more…
You can read more about R2CORBA and the RCLM at the Wiki of the R2CORBA
project at http://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba.
You can also browse the code repository there at
Source packages are available for download at
Distribution of prebuilt RPMs through OBS has been discontinued in
favour of the now available Gem distribution.
NOTE 1: If you are using the Ruby Version Manager (RVM) be sure to
carefully read this section:
NOTE 2: If you are installing the R2CORBA gem on Windows be sure to read
Martin J.N. Corino | Remedy IT Expertise BV World Wide Web: http://www.remedy.nl ORBZone Community portal: http://www.orbzone.org