Hello Ruby for Windows users!
At last second release candidate of 186-27 got released.
First I’ll like to explain why this took so long:
When preparing this release (RC2), release 1.3.0 of RubyGems turned
completely broken for Windows users.
After several weeks, version 1.3.1 was released, but new version of
Rake (0.8.2 and 0.8.3) showed also problems.
While one of the issues where solved, the other is until now on hold,
and that’s one of the reasons we are sticking to Rake version 0.8.1.
At the same time, I’m focusing forces and time in tools that will ease
the release of native gems for Windows and the work on the new
installer based on GCC (MinGW).
Rest assured this project is far away from being dead.
This is a reply to previous discussion in the list:
You can download the new installer from the following URL:
Thanks to everybody that reported bugs, features and issues with the
Also for other developers caring about this project.
The following are the list of things implemented and fixed in this RC
and previous one:
2008-11 Release 27 - RC2
- Upgraded RubyGems to 1.3.1
- Upgraded Hpricot to 0.6.164
- Silent installation option (/D) now works. Fixes #22572
2008-10 Release 27 - RC1
- Upgraded Ruby to 1.8.6 patch level 287
- Upgraded RubyGems to 1.2.0
- Upgraded Rake to 0.8.1
- Removed Rake batch file monkeypatches
- Upgraded FXRuby to 1.6.16
- Upgraded SciTE to 1.76. Fixes #8596
- Merged SciTE Ruby properties file.
- Upgraded OpenGL to 0.60.0
- Upgraded Expat to 2.0.1
- Upgraded Ruby/DBI to 0.2.2
- Upgraded VRuby to vruby080229
- Upgraded win32-api to 1.2.0
- Upgraded windows-api to 0.2.4
- Upgraded windows-pr to 0.9.3
- Upgraded win32-file-stat to 1.3.1
- Upgraded win32-file to 0.5.5
- Upgraded win32-clipboard to 0.4.4
- Upgraded win32-eventlog to 0.5.0
- Upgraded win32-process to 0.5.9
- Properly identify SystemDrive. Fixes #4946
- Make RUBYOPT optional as default
- Unset INPUTRC during uninstall. Fixes #4981
- Added IRB Shortcut to easy access. Fixes #8489
- Copy Emacs files to /misc. Fixes #5600
- Removed duplicated Zlib extension from installer. Fixes #22028
- Updated .inputrc for European keyboards
- Patch batch file to remove sandbox paths. Fixes #22329