Just a quick note for a few new features/fixes available on the Mongrel
pre-release and a new document that covers nearly all the big features
and configurations for Mongrel.
First, the document is http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/howto.html and
- All the start command options including the fresh -G option to
generate a config for -C.
- The format and usage of the MIME type file (-m option).
- Using a YAML config file to set command line options (-C option).
- Writing fancy Mongrel co
- Improved “HOWTO”:/docs/howto.html documentation with all options.nfig
scripts in Ruby (-S option).
- The POSIX signals Mongrel uses for restart, stop, and reload.
- What the super debugging -B option produces and when to use it.
- Quick start on installing the mongrel_cluster GemPlugin.
The current pre-release now has the following fixes:
- A fix for --num-procs and --timeout where they weren’t really being
- A new -G option for generating YAML configs for the -C option.
Everyone should update from the releases directory with:
$ gem uninstall mongrel
$ gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
And try these out. Especially the --num-procs and --timeout since they
weren’t really being set previously (damn that’s dumb).
Luis is also asking to hold off on the official 0.3.13 release until he
can fix up the win32 side and clean up the commands used there. He’s
got goodies in the works so that win32 folks can use the same
mongrel_rails script everyone else is using, but get special win::
commands for managing the services.
Zed A. Shaw