I’m very happy to announce the release of Locomotive 1.0.0.
Locomotive is a one-click development solution for Rails on Mac OS X.
See more details at http://locomotive.sourceforge.net
Get it at:
- Server bundle updated to lighttpd 1.4.8
- Server bundle updated to properly kill zombie fastcgi processes
- Default Rails min bundle updated to 1.0.0
- Terminal (bash/(t)csh) choice in Preferences
- Additional terminal path option in Preferences
- Option to run rails application at Locomotive launch
- Monitors actual status of applications, so will show proper status
if an application has crashed
- Will run additional start and stop scripts if present (see below)
- Snazzy new interface
- Better Terminal opening behavior and error reporting
- Cleaner and better organized code
- Changed DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH
- The beginnings of Localization (not terribly obvious yet though…)
If you have start or stop scripts present as follows:
Locomotive will run those scripts at the appropriate times. You could
have just one, both or neither.
- Older server bundles may not work properly. (Older rails bundles
should be fine).
With Code Contributions from:
- Tobias Lidskog
- DeLynn B.
- Thomas Steinhausen
- Sammi Williams
http://www.rockefeller.edu – Bacterial Pathogenesis and Immunology
http://www.worldmartial.com – Black Belt Instructor
http://locomotive.sourceforge.net – Self contained one-click Rails for
Mac OS X