Pleased to announce the release of live-console 0.2.2.1
what is live console?
[from the README, which I didn’t write]
LiveConsole is a library for providing IRB over a TCP connection or a
Domain Socket. If you add it to your application, you can run arbitrary
against your application.
For example, you can:
- Inspect the state of a running application
- Change the state of the application
- Patch code on the fly, without a restart.
- Let anyone on the net 0wn you if you bind to a public interface.
It’s useful as a diagnostic tool, a debugging tool, and a way to impress
friends or get those Lisp guys off your back. You know the ones I mean.
- now windows compatible
- now 1.9 compatible
- now works even if you’re not connecting to another process already
Many thanks to the original author, as this is just a fork with some
fixes of the original [http://github.com/pete/live-console/tree/master]
[and yes, I have submitted my patches upstream].
gem sources -a http://gems.github.com
sudo gem install rogerdpack-live_console