The JRuby team is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 0.9.1.
This release has some significant improvements:
- Overall performance is 50-60% faster than JRuby 0.9.0
- Improved Rails support
- New syntax for including Java classes into Ruby
- New interpreter design
- Refactoring of method dispatch, code evaluation, and block dispatch
- Parser performance enhancement
- Rewriting of Enumerable and StringScanner in Java
- New experimental syntax for implementing interfaces
- 86 Jira issues resolved since 0.9.0
Ola B. has been inducted into JRuby as a core developer during this
development cycle. He has been coding like an unstoppable machine and
want to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves.
In addition to contributions from the regular suspects we have several
contributors worth mentioning: Ryan B., Dave Brosius, Miguel
Antti Karanta, and Michael S…
Additional thanks to all the people on our mailing lists who help give
feedback and ideas. JRuby just keeps getting better and better.