Dfect 1.0.0 Assertion testing library for Ruby http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/dfect/
Dfect is an assertion testing library for Ruby that
emphasizes a simple assertion vocabulary, instant
debuggability of failures, and flexibility in composing
Dfect is exciting because:
* It has only 5 methods to remember: D F E C T. * It lets you debug assertion failures interactively. * It keeps a detailed report of assertion failures. * It lets you nest tests and execution hooks. * It is implemented in a mere 479 lines of code.
Version 1.0.0 (2009-05-03)
This release improves default choices, adds emulation layers
to mimic other testing libraries, and fixes some bugs.
* The :debug option is now enabled by default and is no longer linked to the value of $DEBUG. * Dfect.run() now appends to previous results by default. This behavior can be disabled by passing false to the method.
* Add emulation layers to mimic other testing libraries: + dfect/unit -- Test::Unit + dfect/mini -- Minitest + dfect/spec -- RSpec
* Do not blindly replace Class#to_yaml; it might be fixed someday.
* Add Motivation section in user manual to promote interactive debugging. * Add brief History of this project's inception. * Remove redundant assertions for F!() and T!() methods in test suite. * Add copyright notice at the top of every file.