DBI 0.4.0 is the next stable release of DBI, a lightweight database
agnostic interface modeled after Perl’s DBI.
This release brings many things:
- Type conversion is now universally managed amongst DBDs. Please see
DBI::Type and DBI::TypeUtil and the DBI::StatementHandle#bind_coltype
- Rubygems support! All DBDs and DBI will now install and appropriately
prerequisites (when possible) via the ‘gem’ command and other Rubygems
- Lots of code has been cleaned up and the filesystem has been
- Many bugfixes due to inconsistencies between DBDs.
- DBDs that were deprecated in 0.2.0 have been removed, as have the
Trace libraries (they didn’t work anyways.) Proxy and Trace will be
in the future.
- Several calls and classes have been deprecated in favor of native
- Tons of new documentation for both DBI users and DBD developers alike.