I’m pleased to announce the release of activerecord-jdbc-adapter 0.9.
This release should be fully compatible with Rails 2.2. In particular,
I’ve added code in the adapter to detect when you use a JNDI
connection and automatically add a checkin hook for the Rails
connection pool to ensure that the connection is returned to the JNDI
pool at the end of each request. This is a little suboptimal in that
there are two levels of pooling; you still need to make sure your AR
pool size is >= your JNDI pool size. I’m thinking about how to
circumvent the AR pool in a future release. As a fallback, you can
also use the pre-2.2 technique described in 1 to completely close
the connection after every request.
Also, if you’re interested in specifics of activerecord-jdbc
development, please join the mailing lists over at
Looking forward to your feedback!
Full 0.9 changelog follows.
- Now updated to support ActiveRecord 2.2. JNDI-based connections will
automatically connect/disconnect for every AR connection pool
checkout/checkin. For best results, set your pool: parameter >= the
actual maximum size of the JNDI connection pool. (We’ll look at how
to eliminate the need to configure AR’s pool in the future.)
- NEW! Informix support courtesy of Javier Fernandez-Ivern.
- Backport another Oracle CLOB issue, thanks Edson César.
- Rubyforge #22018: chomp final trailing semicolon for oracle
- JRUBY-2848: Fix NPE error in set_native_database_types
- Rework oracle lob saving callback to be Rails 2.1 friendly (assist
- JRUBY-2715: Add create/drop database methods to Postgres (Peter
- JRUBY-3183: Fix structure dump for Postgres (Ryan B.)
- JRUBY-3184: recreate_database for test database working for PG (Ryan
- JRUBY-3186: disable referential integrity for PG (Ryan B.)
- Authoritative repository now hosted at
svn trunk cleaned out.
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit: