I’d like to share my latest project completed using Ruby on Rails:
This application generates screenshots of web pages that you post,
you to share them with your friends, and allows you to see what others
viewing online. The site is a result of a problem I had remembering
(non-restful) urls after receiving them in emails without any
I noticed that I could easily remember and find them when I could see
end destination of the link (the web page itself). I hope this solution
help some of you as well.
Features Of Note:
- On the fly creation of a screenshot from a link that you post.
Background processes make sure that you do not wait around until the
has been created.
- Share the screenshot from the site via e-mail, twitter, facebook, and
- Use the embed code to place thumbnails of the screenshots directly
your blog or website.
- Automatic generation of bit.ly urls using bit.ly’s API and background
- Option to follow other users to see the links they post.
I hope this application will be of interest to some of you and that you
consider joining, posting, and embedding. Also, any feedback would be
Lastly, thanks to everyone who works very hard to make Ruby On Rails
available to people like me.