Alias or rewrite to get Horde rpc.php to work

Hello all,

I’m trying to setup a nginx server on a RaspberryPi to host a Horde
Groupware. The Webinterface is working so far. But I have problems
up the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync URL to sync my Smartphone and Tablet.
already asked in the IRC channel and posted a question at Serverfault
did not get an answer yet. I also googled a lot, tried different
but non of these worked. So I would be really happy if someone could
help me
with that. Here are more details (mainly taken from the Serverfault
located here:

The configuration should allow to access the ActiveSync part via the URL
/horde/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync. The horde webinterface is already
accessible via /horde

My configuration looks like this:


server {
listen 443 ssl;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate /opt/nginx/conf/certs/server.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /opt/nginx/conf/certs/server.key;
index index.html index.php;
root /var/www;

    include sites-available/horde.conf;



location /horde {
rewrite_log on;
rewrite ^/horde/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync(.*)$

    try_files $uri $uri/ /rampage.php?$args;

    location ~ \.php$ {
            try_files $uri =404;
            include sites-available/horde.fcgi-php.conf;



include fastcgi_params;
fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(/.+)$;
fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
fastcgi_param PATH_TRANSLATED $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
fastcgi_index index.php;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

So why is the rpc.php not correctly working?
If I understand correctly it tries to establish a basic authentication
Could this be a problem?
Best regards,

Posted at Nginx Forum:,250907,250907#msg-250907

m1nu2 Wrote:
server {

    location ~ \.php$ {

fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
I copy my answer from serverfault here just from completeness:

After more trying and looking at logs (finally the right ones) I found
fault. After all it was a configuration error.

The Horde Wiki gives the hint in one single line:

To activate the server, it needs to be enabled in Horde's 

on the ActiveSync tab.

This one gives me the right direction: I searched in the configuration
could not found the ActiveSync stuff. So I digged deeper and ended up
the awareness that I did not install the library Horder_ActiveSync. :frowning:

After doing a sudo pear install horde/horde_activesync and updating the
database tables from the WebUI everything works now!

Hope this helps someone else.

Posted at Nginx Forum:,250907,251144#msg-251144

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs