AG_E_PARSER_BAD_TYPE when using Grid

Hi again,

I get a XamlException with error AG_E_PARSER_BAD_TYPE whenever I use a
Grid
control inside the Xaml (even with an Expression Blend generated Xaml
file).

Is the Grid control currently supported when working with IronRuby ?

– Thibaut

You need to change the namespace of the xaml file probably.
Expression blend generates xaml for WPF not Silverlight.

I used the grid control in my digg client… so i guess it works fine :slight_smile:

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Thibaut Barrère

the root element had x:Class set incorrectly to
x:Class=“GridSample.Page”.

Chaning it to “System.Windows.Controls.Grid” solved the issue.

thanks!

– Thibaut

2008/4/10, Jimmy S. [email protected]:

Are you using the Blend 2 Preview for Silverlight? If not, grab it from
Silverlight.net.

If you are, then can you send me what your XAML looks like? I suspect
that the root element of your XAML has x:Class set incorrectly for Ruby.
If Grid is your root …

app.xaml
<Grid x:Class=”System.Windows.Controls.Grid” …>

app.rb
System::Windows::Application.current.load_root_visual Grid.new,
“app.xaml”

~js

<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Hi again,

I get a XamlException with error AG_E_PARSER_BAD_TYPE whenever I use a
Grid control inside the Xaml (even with an Expression Blend generated
Xaml file).

Is the Grid control currently supported when working with IronRuby ?

– Thibaut

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

Great! In general, make sure that the x:Class of your XAML matches the
type of the first argument you pass into load_root_visual.

~js