I have a problem that’s strange to me, I installed engines and
datebox_engine using the following command, but now I can’t start the
server
(I didn’t changed any file).
ruby script\plugin install engines
ruby script\plugin install datebox_engine

I’m using rails edge.

When I try to run the server (WEBrick) is gives me the following error:

./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:92:in
as_load_path': stack level too deep (SystemStackError) from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:106:inconst_missing’
from
./script/…/config/…/vendor/plugins/engines/lib/dependencies_extensions.rb:28:in
require_or_load' from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:30:independ_on’
from
./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:74:in
require_dependency ' from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:74:inrequire_dependency

from
./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:108:in
const_missing' from ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/engines/lib/dependencies_extensions.rb:28:inrequire_or_load’
from
./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:30:in
depend_on' ... 874 levels... from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:28 from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:inrequire__’
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:in
`require’
from script/server:3

I’d guess you are using Edge Rails - you need to check out an SVN
version of the engines plugin, from:

http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/engines/trunk

You need to follow the instructions here:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/54572

• james

On 2/21/06, Human D. [email protected] wrote:

./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:30:in
./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:108:in
from

• J *
    ~