After a step fails, if successive steps have been executed and passed, cucumber reports them as skip

Hi,

I have a Given step that fails: For that Scenario the remaining
Given’s, When, and Then’s are reported as being skipped, even though
theses steps have been executed.

Why I am not submitting this to Lighthouse, is that I believe, this
may be intentional design.

However, would it not be more indicative to have these steps “pass”
for example, if the successive steps have executed and passed?

Aidy

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:02 PM, aidy lewis [email protected]
wrote:

for example, if the successive steps have executed and passed?
This is absolutely by design. If a step passes or fails after another
has failed, you have no way of knowing if it would still pass or fail
once the other one is passing. Cucumber reports the first problem in a
scenario so you can fix that one and move on.

Cheers,
David

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM, David C. [email protected]
wrote:

This is absolutely by design. If a step passes or fails after another
has failed, you have no way of knowing if it would still pass or fail
once the other one is passing. Cucumber reports the first problem in a
scenario so you can fix that one and move on.

I’m curious: what’s the logic behind it not just stopping there?


Have Fun,
Steve E. ([email protected])
ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
http://www.escapepod.org

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Stephen E. [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM, David C. [email protected] wrote:

This is absolutely by design. If a step passes or fails after another
has failed, you have no way of knowing if it would still pass or fail
once the other one is passing. Cucumber reports the first problem in a
scenario so you can fix that one and move on.

I’m curious: what’s the logic behind it not just stopping there?

Pending steps (post failure) are still reported as pending, so it
gives you a sense of where you are in process. Make sense?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs