Adding EOB when using Vectors

?Dear All,

I am trying to use TX_TIME, SOB, EOB. How do I add the EOB when I am
using a vector?

The block I have created takes in vector of 47520 samples, i.e. one
item, I want to add TX_TIME and SOB to the first sample. This is no
problem, I add it to the item. After the following ‘vector_to_stream’
conversion, the TX_TIME and SOB map through to item 0, 47520, 95040 etc.

But how do I get the EOB to be on item 47519?

Regards,

David

NOTE: The information in this email and any attachments may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. This message may be read, copied
and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your
system and notify the sender immediately.

Toshiba Research Europe Limited, registered in England and Wales
(2519556). Registered Office 208 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge CB4 0GZ, England. Web: www.toshiba.eu/research/trl

Use tagged streams. usrp_sink will place the EOB on your last sample,
even if bursts are of different lengths in that case.

Thanks. Does it matter what the tag is, does it have to be “packet_len”?

DH

On 01/23/2015 06:47 PM, David Halls wrote:

conversion, the TX_TIME and SOB map through to item 0, 47520, 95040 etc.

Cambridge CB4 0GZ, England. Web: www.toshiba.eu/research/trl

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list

NOTE: The information in this email and any attachments may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. This message may be read, copied
and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your
system and notify the sender immediately.

Toshiba Research Europe Limited, registered in England and Wales
(2519556). Registered Office 208 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge CB4 0GZ, England. Web: www.toshiba.eu/research/trl

Thanks Martin,

Unfortunately I couldn’t get this to work, even when adding packet_len.

To solve the problem I added another custom sync block called ‘add_EOB’
that takes in packet_len and adds EOB on the relevant item.

            for(int i=0; i<noutput_items; i++)

{
if( nitems_written(0)+i == (d_samples-1)+d_burst_num*d_samples )
{
add_item_tag(0, //stream ID
nitems_written(0)+i,
pmt::string_to_symbol(“tx_eob”), //tag name
pmt::from_bool(1)//, //set this true to indicate end of burst
//pmt::string_to_symbol(id.str())
);
d_burst_num++;
}