Acts_as_solr plugin fate?

Just wanted to see if I was using the latest acts_as_solr plugin, but
the URL http://acts_as_solr.railsfreaks.com/ takes me to a GoDaddy
domain parking page.

Anyone know what’s happened to railsfreaks, and more particularly
this plugin?


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

I suggest rsolr, since it is actively being developed (the Rails 3
version is in beta, but you can get it with --pre)

I recently switched to rsolr for that reason.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Hassan S.

It’s on github – http://github.com/railsfreaks/acts_as_solr

Walter

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Paul [email protected] wrote:

I suggest rsolr, since it is actively being developed (the Rails 3
version is in beta, but you can get it with --pre)

Thanks for the recommendation.

I’m still interested in knowing if anyone has a fork of the last release
of acts_as_solr (if that’s later than 0.9 development), since it’s in
use
in a large complex legacy Rails app.


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Walter Lee D. [email protected]
wrote:

It’s on github – http://github.com/railsfreaks/acts_as_solr

I had found an online reference to the latest being on the railsfreaks
site, and that appears to be the case because what we have is later
than the one on github.

Thanks, though. I’ll snag it to compare.


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

There’s an acts_as_solr_reloaded that Google suggested, also on
Github, it looks like it has been given some new tricks.

Walter

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:08 AM, Walter Lee D. [email protected]
wrote:

There’s an acts_as_solr_reloaded that Google suggested, also on Github, it
looks like it has been given some new tricks.

Apparently I missed that, and it looks like a drop-in replacement.

Thanks!

Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs