ActionMailer doesn't send any mail

I’ve configured actionmailer following the documentation, adding to
environment.rb everything for using my mail account on yahoo using
deliver_* methods to send a mail.
I can see the mail in development.log and everything seems fine, but
no mails so far.
Is there a place where can I see what the server answered, or
something to look at to solve the problem ? I have no clue, I’ve
trying for hours …

ngw

Il giorno 22/lug/06, alle ore 01:14, Nicholas W. ha scritto:

I’ve configured actionmailer following the documentation, adding to
environment.rb everything for using my mail account on yahoo using
deliver_* methods to send a mail.
I can see the mail in development.log and everything seems fine,
but no mails so far.
Is there a place where can I see what the server answered, or
something to look at to solve the problem ? I have no clue, I’ve
trying for hours …

My configuration in environment.rb is:

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp
ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = {
:address => “mail.smtp.yahoo.it”,
:port => “25”,
:domain => “smtp.nofeed.org”,
:user_name => “[email protected]”,
:password => “mypasswd”,
:authentication => :plain
}

Logs:

Sent mail:
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Verification Email

Thanks for registering.
Activate your account visiting this url:

http://www.nofeed.org/user/validation/
d7e965931bfb9aa4f093ff6468735638752b59a8

nofeed staff
Redirected to http://localhost:3001/user/verification_sent
Completed in 30.15614 (0 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.02258 (0%) | 302 Found
[http://localhost/user/new]

I’m going crazy … :stuck_out_tongue:

ngw

Add this line below your existing lines:

ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = true

Michael

mmodica at cox dot net

Nicholas W. wrote:

I’ve configured actionmailer following the documentation, adding to
environment.rb everything for using my mail account on yahoo using
deliver_* methods to send a mail.
I can see the mail in development.log and everything seems fine, but
no mails so far.
Is there a place where can I see what the server answered, or
something to look at to solve the problem ? I have no clue, I’ve
trying for hours …

ngw

What OS are you on? I had a heck of a time in OSX. There were a few
things I found through trial and error:

  1. If I made a change to my environment.rb file I had to do a full
    restart of my web server. I thought I read somewhere that if you were
    in development mode this wasn’t necessary, but it was in my case

  2. I was using my development machine (localhost) as the mail server. I
    had to start the smtp server on my development machine in the Terminal
    with:

sudo service smtp start

  1. It didn’t work at all in OS 10.3, when I moved to OS 10.4 everything
    worked (assuming I did the above 2 things first)

In any case if you are in OSX you can find a mail server log at

/var/log/mail.log

Not sure where that info is kept in Windows.