Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:54:04 +0200
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Your password is …

Your username is barbare. Your new password is tDRvfzNvDF. Please login
and change it to something more memorable.

Redirected to http://localhost:3000/user/login
Completed in 2.88956 (0 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00422 (0%) | 302 Found
[http://localhost/user/forgot_password]

no error in sending mail
but checking my mail at mac.com … no message at all…

How can I check that the mail has been correctly sent…

Kad K. wrote:

I am using Action Mailer as stated in RoR book… the mail seems to be
correctly setup…
and I get the following log…

Sent mail:
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:54:04 +0200
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

Your username is barbare. Your new password is tDRvfzNvDF. Please login
and change it to something more memorable.

Redirected to http://localhost:3000/user/login
Completed in 2.88956 (0 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00422 (0%) | 302 Found
[http://localhost/user/forgot_password]

no error in sending mail
but checking my mail at mac.com … no message at all…

How can I check that the mail has been correctly sent…

You may want to check your environment file to make sure that mail
delivery is set to true!

Regards,

Michael

Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:54:04 +0200
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

Your username is barbare. Your new password is tDRvfzNvDF. Please login
and change it to something more memorable.

Redirected to http://localhost:3000/user/login
Completed in 2.88956 (0 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00422 (0%) | 302 Found
[http://localhost/user/forgot_password]

no error in sending mail
but checking my mail at mac.com … no message at all…

How can I check that the mail has been correctly sent…

You may want to check your environment file to make sure that mail
delivery is set to true!

Regards,

Michael

here it is , is there anything wrong ?

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp
ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = {
:address => “mail.alemat.com”,
:port => 25,
:domain => “alemat.com”,
:user_name => “alemat”,
:password => “bingo”,
:authentication => :login
}

ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = true
ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true
ActionMailer::Base.default_charset = “utf-8”
ActionMailer::Base.default_content_type = “text/html” # default:
“text/plain”
ActionMailer::Base.default_mime_version = “1.0”
ActionMailer::Base.default_implicit_parts_order = [ “text/html”,
“text/plain”]

Michael M. wrote:

That looks okay…Hhhmmm…

Michael

got it…
I tried to use another smtp server without authentification… it’ fine
, email sent and received
it’s something related with HELO… and identification
my from address seem to be rejected when authentified…

the ‘from’ address should be from the same domain mentionned in the
config ?

thanks

!!

That looks okay…Hhhmmm…

Michael

Kad K. wrote:

the ‘from’ address should be from the same domain mentionned in the
config ?

depends on server configuration :smiley:

[]s
Meyer