Accessing Name and value pair using "Sinatra"

Hello everyone,

I currently using Sinatra nad i must say its great.
But I am currently stuck i wanted to passes a Name,value pair
as a parameter to sinatra

something like this
http://localhost:4567/multiQuery?&Name_1=‘ABC’&Name_2=‘XYZ’&Name_3=‘LMN’

so that i can directly access values ‘ABC’,‘XYZ’ and ‘LMN’

thanks anyway

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Ken G.[email protected] wrote:

Hello everyone,

I currently using Sinatra nad i must say its great.
But I am currently stuck i wanted to passes a Name,value pair
as a parameter to sinatra

something like this
http://localhost:4567/multiQuery?&Name_1=‘ABC’&Name_2=‘XYZ’&Name_3=‘LMN’

so that i can directly access values ‘ABC’,‘XYZ’ and ‘LMN’

There’s a params attribute in Sinatra::Base that contains the query
string:

This route:

get ‘/hello/:name’ do |name|
“Hello, #{name}. #{params.inspect}”
end

when called as:

http://localhost:4567/hello/x?a=3&b=4

produces:

Hello, x. {“name”=>“x”, “a”=>“3”, “b”=>“4”}

Hope this helps,

Jesus.

Jesús Gabriel y Galán wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Ken G.[email protected] wrote:

Hello everyone,

� I currently using Sinatra nad i must say its great.
� But I am currently stuck i wanted to passes a Name,value pair
� as a parameter to sinatra

� something like this
� http://localhost:4567/multiQuery?&Name_1=‘ABC’&Name_2=‘XYZ’&Name_3=‘LMN’

� so that i can directly access values ‘ABC’,‘XYZ’ and ‘LMN’

There’s a params attribute in Sinatra::Base that contains the query
string:

This route:

get ‘/hello/:name’ do |name|
“Hello, #{name}. #{params.inspect}”
end

when called as:

http://localhost:4567/hello/x?a=3&b=4

produces:

Hello, x. {“name”=>“x”, “a”=>“3”, “b”=>“4”}

Hope this helps,

Jesus.

can i get only parameters after the question ‘?’
e.g
http://localhost:4567/hello/x?a=3&b=4
as
{“a” => “3”,“b” => “4”}
also i want to know how can i return and xml content

so that when i type
http://localhost:4567/hello/x?a=3&b=4
the response should be presented in xml format

For the XML response:
http://sinatra.rubyforge.org/api/classes/Sinatra/Builder.html

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Ken G.[email protected] wrote:

when called as:

http://localhost:4567/hello/x?a=3&b=4

produces:

Hello, x. {“name”=>“x”, “a”=>“3”, “b”=>“4”}

can i get only parameters after the question ‘?’
 e.g
 http://localhost:4567/hello/x?a=3&b=4
as
 {“a” => “3”,“b” => “4”}

Yes, you get also the name because the route contains variables.
If you change it to:

get ‘/hello/x’ do
“Hello, . #{params.inspect}”
end

Jesus.

Michael Tomer wrote:

For the XML response:
http://sinatra.rubyforge.org/api/classes/Sinatra/Builder.html

please help with these code in mind

####### this is my sinatra code############3

get ‘/multiquery.xml’ do
content_type(‘text/xml’)
array_of_names = params[:name]
‘#{construct_xml(array_of_names)}’
end

the method construct_xml look like this

def construct_xml(names)
xml = Builder::XmlMarkup.new(:indent =>1)
xml.instruct!
names.each do |name|
xml.queryresponse {
xml.name “#{name}”
xml.credential “Engineer”
}
end
return xml
end

Now the point is that the method “construct_xml” construct the
appropriate xml
but the the xml doesn’t appear in browser
and the line of code ‘#{construct_xml(array_of_name)}’ run into “XML
Parsing Error: not well-formed”

iam sure that xml is formed properly.i mean to say the i have set the
:target => $stdout

like this
Builder::XmlMarkup.new(:target =>$stdout ,:indent =>1)
and the xml is constructed properly in console
ent .Is there any thing that I am missing.

please reply

thanks anyway

Ken G. wrote:

####### this is my sinatra code############3

get ‘/multiquery.xml’ do
content_type(‘text/xml’)
array_of_names = params[:name]
‘#{construct_xml(array_of_names)}’
end

Single quotes prevent any expansion taking place. In this case, you are
literally returning the string

#{construct_xml(array_of_names)}

to the browser.

Use double quotes, or better, just omit the “#{…}” construction
entirely, since you’re just putting a string inside a string.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs