Accessing classes that are inherited from generics

Hello,

I have a few classes in a namespace that follow this form.

public class ExampleName : BaseClass
{
}

Any class that follows this structure does not get pulled through when I
require my DLL.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m also using the Castle ActiveRecord project and the classes
that inherit from ActiveRecordBase<> also do not come through.

Thank you.
Kevin.

Can you send a small repro of what doesn’t work (both C# and Ruby code)?
It works for me.

test.cs:
public class D {
}

public class E {
}

public class C : D {
}

require ‘test.dll’
=> true
C.new
=> C

Tomas

I have a few classes in a namespace that follow this form.

public class ExampleName : BaseClass
{
}

Any class that follows this structure does not get pulled through when I
require my DLL.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m also using the Castle ActiveRecord project and the classes that
inherit from ActiveRecordBase<> also do not come through.

Thank you.
Kevin.

I haven’t tried it out, but perhaps Kevin was referring to this:

public class D {

}

public class C : D {

}

as opposed to what you tried:

public class D {

}

public class E {

}

public class C : D {

}

The distinction being that the subclasses type also happens to be the
superclass’s type arg.

Sorry for being too lazy to try it out… maybe later :slight_smile:

-Charles

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Tomas M. <

I’ll put a repo together asap.

I was referring to the second setup.

class A : ActiveRecorBase {}

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Tomas M. <

That one works as well:

C.ancestors
=> [C, D[C], D[T], Object, Kernel]

Tomas

I haven’t tried it out, but perhaps Kevin was referring to this:
public class D {
}
public class C : D {
}

as opposed to what you tried:
public class D {
}

public class E {
}

public class C : D {
}

The distinction being that the subclasses type also happens to be the
superclass’s type arg.

Sorry for being too lazy to try it out… maybe later :slight_smile:

-Charles
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Tomas M.
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]>

From:
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]
I have a few classes in a namespace that follow this form.

public class ExampleName : BaseClass
{
}

Any class that follows this structure does not get pulled through when I
require my DLL.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m also using the Castle ActiveRecord project and the classes that
inherit from ActiveRecordBase<> also do not come through.

Thank you.
Kevin.

Is the class internal?

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Tomas M.
<[email protected]
mailto:[email protected]>
wrote:
That one works as well:

C.ancestors
=> [C, D[C], D[T], Object, Kernel]

Tomas

From:
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

I have a few classes in a namespace that follow this form.

public class ExampleName : BaseClass
{
}

Any class that follows this structure does not get pulled through when I
require my DLL.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m also using the Castle ActiveRecord project and the classes that
inherit from ActiveRecordBase<> also do not come through.

Thank you.
Kevin.

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]