AaF not indexing models when no index present in multi_searc

The first time I tried to run a multi_search, I got an error and
discovered there were no indexes for any of the models. index > model
folders were there but no actual indexes. I couldn’t figure out how to
get it to create indexes so I edited a record for each model which
created all the indexes. Then when I ran the search, everything worked
well.

Is there a bug related to this somewhere or anyway to better force index
creation when none exists. I’m running the newest version (but not
trunk) of each Ferret and acts_as_ferret

Thanks for that. It’s nice to know it’s not because I messed up
something. Everything works fine for now. Thanks for the great plugin
and for taking the time to answer so many questions on this forum.
They’ve been a big help ironing out other issues too.

Jens K. wrote:

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 03:38:52AM +0200, anrake wrote:

The first time I tried to run a multi_search, I got an error and
discovered there were no indexes for any of the models. index > model
folders were there but no actual indexes. I couldn’t figure out how to
get it to create indexes so I edited a record for each model which
created all the indexes. Then when I ran the search, everything worked
well.

calling Model.find_by_contents(‘some query’) on each model would have
been sufficient, this method does rebuild the index if it doesn’t exist
yet.

Is there a bug related to this somewhere or anyway to better force index
creation when none exists. I’m running the newest version (but not
trunk) of each Ferret and acts_as_ferret

This is a known issue (there’s a #todo in the code somewhere…). I
opened up a ticket for this one. Hope to get it fixed soon :wink:

cheers,
Jens


webit! Gesellschaft f�r neue Medien mbH www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Kr�mer [email protected]
Schnorrstra�e 76 Tel +49 351 46766 0
D-01069 Dresden Fax +49 351 46766 66

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 03:38:52AM +0200, anrake wrote:

The first time I tried to run a multi_search, I got an error and
discovered there were no indexes for any of the models. index > model
folders were there but no actual indexes. I couldn’t figure out how to
get it to create indexes so I edited a record for each model which
created all the indexes. Then when I ran the search, everything worked
well.

calling Model.find_by_contents(‘some query’) on each model would have
been sufficient, this method does rebuild the index if it doesn’t exist
yet.

Is there a bug related to this somewhere or anyway to better force index
creation when none exists. I’m running the newest version (but not
trunk) of each Ferret and acts_as_ferret

This is a known issue (there’s a #todo in the code somewhere…). I
opened up a ticket for this one. Hope to get it fixed soon :wink:

cheers,
Jens


webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer [email protected]
Schnorrstraße 76 Tel +49 351 46766 0
D-01069 Dresden Fax +49 351 46766 66

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs