A strange problem with "No UHD Devices Found", when ping 192.168.10.2 is ok

Hi,

I just got a USRP N210 rev4.0, and install gnuradio+uhd with this
script:
http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio in Ubuntu 11.10 (32bit).
My eth config is:

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0c:29:2d:a9:f8
inet addr:192.168.10.1 Bcast:192.168.10.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::20c:29ff:fe2d:a9f8/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:2213 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2997 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:1829471 (1.8 MB) TX bytes:343606 (343.6 KB)
Interrupt:19 Base address:0x2024

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:1650 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1650 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:123948 (123.9 KB) TX bytes:123948 (123.9 KB)

and I do can ping 192.168.10.2:

PING 192.168.10.2 (192.168.10.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=1 ttl=32 time=2.05 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=2 ttl=32 time=1.75 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=3 ttl=32 time=1.93 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=4 ttl=32 time=1.80 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=5 ttl=32 time=2.04 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=6 ttl=32 time=1.94 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=7 ttl=32 time=2.01 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_req=8 ttl=32 time=1.78 ms
^C

but when I run uhd_find_devices, the outputs are:

linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601;
UHD_003.004.000-307-gb61f4ad6

No UHD Devices Found

Any one can help me, or give me some information?

Thank you so much!

BR

putaoshu

Seems that I find the problem:

uhd_usrp_probe --args=“addr=192.168.0.2”
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601;
UHD_003.004.000-307-gb61f4ad6

Error: Network is unreachable
[email protected]:~/Downloads/gnuradio/uhd/host/build/utils$
uhd_usrp_probe --args=“addr=192.168.10.2”
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601;
UHD_003.004.000-307-gb61f4ad6

– Opening a USRP2/N-Series device…
– Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
– Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
Error: RuntimeError:
Please update the firmware and FPGA images for your device.
See the application notes for USRP2/N-Series for instructions.
Expected FPGA compatibility number 9, but got 8:
The FPGA build is not compatible with the host code build.

I can run uhd_usrp_probe --args=“addr=192.168.10.2” to get correct
output
now, but still get “No UHD Devices Found” error…
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601;
UHD_003.004.000-307-gb61f4ad6

– Opening a USRP2/N-Series device…
– Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
– Current send frame size: 1472 bytes


/
| Device: USRP2 / N-Series Device
| _____________________________________________________
| /
| | Mboard: USRP-N210-REV4
| | hardware: 2577
| | mac-addr: a0:36:fa:25:3b:98
| | ip-addr: 192.168.10.2
| | gpsdo: none
| | serial: E9R1BR8UP
| |
| | Time sources: none, external, external, mimo
| | Clock sources: internal, external, mimo
| | Sensors: mimo_locked, ref_locked
| | _____________________________________________________
| | /
| | | RX DSP: 0
| | | Freq range: -50.000 to 50.000 Mhz
| | _____________________________________________________
| | /
| | | RX DSP: 1
| | | Freq range: -50.000 to 50.000 Mhz
| | _____________________________________________________
| | /
| | | RX Dboard: A
| | | ID: RFX2400 (0x0027)
| | | _____________________________________________________
| | | /
| | | | RX Subdev: 0
| | | | Name: RFX RX
| | | | Antennas: TX/RX, RX2, CAL
| | | | Sensors: lo_locked, rssi
| | | | Freq range: 2300.000 to 2900.000 Mhz
| | | | Gain range PGA0: 0.0 to 70.0 step 0.0 dB
| | | | Connection Type: QI
| | | | Uses LO offset: No
| | | _____________________________________________________
| | | /
| | | | RX Codec: A
| | | | Name: ads62p44
| | | | Gain range digital: 0.0 to 6.0 step 0.5 dB
| | | | Gain range fine: 0.0 to 0.5 step 0.1 dB
| | _____________________________________________________
| | /
| | | TX DSP: 0
| | | Freq range: -250.000 to 250.000 Mhz
| | _____________________________________________________
| | /
| | | TX Dboard: A
| | | ID: RFX2400 (0x002b)
| | | _____________________________________________________
| | | /
| | | | TX Subdev: 0
| | | | Name: RFX TX
| | | | Antennas: TX/RX, CAL
| | | | Sensors: lo_locked
| | | | Freq range: 2300.000 to 2900.000 Mhz
| | | | Gain Elements: None
| | | | Connection Type: IQ
| | | | Uses LO offset: Yes
| | | _____________________________________________________
| | | /
| | | | TX Codec: A
| | | | Name: ad9777
| | | | Gain Elements: None

On 03/05/2012 01:13 AM, Jiao X. wrote:

I can run uhd_usrp_probe --args=“addr=192.168.10.2” to get correct output
now, but still get “No UHD Devices Found” error…
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601; UHD_003.004.000-307-gb61f4ad6

What about uhd_find_devices --args=“addr=192.168.10.2”
Sounds like a firewall issue:
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#firewall-issues

-Josh

I had a similar situation and solved with this:

http://greencrest.blogspot.com/2011/04/loading-firmware-on-usrp-n210.html

Best

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs