A good alternative for Ezcap DVB-T Dongle?

Hi,

What are the options for a good alternative for Ezcap DVB-T dongle?

We need some RTL SDR dongles, for setting up experiments for
undergraduate
communication lab course. We were planning to buy some RTL SDR
compatible
dongles for the same. If anyone knows a good alternative for Ezcap DVB-T
dongle, please let me know. Any amount of details ( specifications,
available vendors) are welcome.

Thank you.

I am using several Newsky TV28T dongles. They are fairly cheap (kit with
cables ~15, dongle only ~10) and work well with Gnuradio and related
applications. Just check on ebay for keywords like Newsky TV28 or
RTL-SDR and you will find vendors.
Mark

Hi Rui,

I was looking for alternatives because ezcap dongles are not readily
available in India. When I bought one (I bought from dealextream) it had
be shipped from Hong Kong and took many days to reach me. I had to pay
extra customs duty.(That any way will be unavoidable)
. I’m not averse to ezcap in any way. But I’m looking for better
reliability about shipping.

If you are aware of any dealers selling ezcap, I would be glad to know
the
details.

Thanks.

Manu

My experience has been that the EZcaps with E4000 aren’t easy to get
anymore since the E4000 has been discontinued. I’ll second Rui’s notion
that you should look for something with the R820T. I just picked one up
last week - it seems to have much better sensitivity and much less LO
leakage (DC spike) than my EZcap.

Look for the NooElec TV28T:
http://www.amazon.com/Receiver-RTL2832U-Compatible-Packages-Guaranteed/dp/B009U7WZCA/

Sean

I was looking for alternatives because ezcap dongles are not readily
available in India. When I bought one (I bought from dealextream) it had
to be shipped from Hong Kong and took many days to reach me. I had to
pay extra customs duty.(That any way will be unavoidable)
. I’m not averse to ezcap in any way. But I’m looking for better
reliability about shipping.
If you are aware of any dealers selling ezcap, I would be glad to know
the details.
Thanks.
Manu

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Rui Pinheiro
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Manu,

why an alternative? I uses dongles with the E4000 tuner some cynergys.
In my opinion the ezcap with the R820T tuner works better and more
stable (rtl-sdr project).

Cheers…

Rui
Am 19.11.2013 12:36 schrieb “Manu T S”
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]>:
Hi,

What are the options for a good alternative for Ezcap DVB-T dongle?
We need some RTL SDR dongles, for setting up experiments for
undergraduate communication lab course. We were planning to buy some RTL
SDR compatible dongles for the same. If anyone knows a good alternative
for Ezcap DVB-T dongle, please let me know. Any amount of details (
specifications, available vendors) are welcome.
Thank you.

Manu T S