A Frustrated Beginner

I have tried everything in my power to get this program up and running
and it is not working for me. I have installed RoR on my Windows XP
machine. I have Instant Rails and Ruby on Rails and I am using Instant
Rails to connect the mySQL database to Ruby on Rails. It is not
working.

Everything works fine except when I try to sign into mySQL.
I enter my information: mysql -u root -p
Password: **************

This has been giving me fits. The error message says, "ERROR 1045
(280000): Access denied for user ‘ODBC’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO). I have read up on this many times and I need someone that can
chat with me on an instant messenger or live chat to help me with my
problem, if possible.

After fixing this error I get others. I just want to get up and
running. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr. Watson wrote:

I have tried everything in my power to get this program up and running
and it is not working for me. I have installed RoR on my Windows XP
machine. I have Instant Rails and Ruby on Rails and I am using Instant
Rails to connect the mySQL database to Ruby on Rails. It is not
working.

Everything works fine except when I try to sign into mySQL.
I enter my information: mysql -u root -p
Password: **************

This has been giving me fits. The error message says, "ERROR 1045
(280000): Access denied for user ‘ODBC’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO). I have read up on this many times and I need someone that can
chat with me on an instant messenger or live chat to help me with my
problem, if possible.

After fixing this error I get others. I just want to get up and
running. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not familiar with Instant Rails, but are you sure the MySQL login
command isn’t…

mysql -u root --password=mypassword

Hope that helps a little at least.

On 10/5/07, Mr. Watson [email protected] wrote:

This has been giving me fits. The error message says, "ERROR 1045
(280000): Access denied for user ‘ODBC’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO). I have read up on this many times and I need someone that can
chat with me on an instant messenger or live chat to help me with my
problem, if possible.

After fixing this error I get others. I just want to get up and
running. :stuck_out_tongue:

This seems to happen to some people on Windows but not others…
really don’t know why.

But Bill W. figured out a solution. Here’s one of his old emails
where he explained.

Curt