I posted this in the open-discussion forum. Maybe that’s not used much
I've found a few problems building IronRuby on Windows (using the
IronRuby.sln file). It’s possible my set-up might be bad, although all I
did was download the SVN files and build them.
A number of the projects have bad references (these look to be
caused by the projects not being in the location the csproj files
I found that I had to change the following CSPROJ files (Ruby,
IronRuby.Libraries, ClassInitGenerator, Ruby.Console, RubyTestHost).
Also, I was doing a Release build and that does not compile. The
Microsoft.Scripting library has #if DEBUG round definitions of 2
Utils.ReflectionUtils functions (FormatTypeName and FormatTypeArgs),
which are referred to in Program.cs of ClassInitGenerator.
I'm guessing others don't build from the Visual Studio solution
(or I’ve set my environment up stupidly).