As of this morning I am just starting to work with Ruby 1.9. I note
that there seems to be some behaviour change between 1.8 and 1.9 with
respect to require. Specifically, I have this construct.
require File.dirname(FILE) + ‘/…/lib/deploy/pg_access_setup’
With ruby 1.8 this works exactly as I desire. With ruby 1.9.2-p0 I get
this behaviour instead:
require': no such file to load -- bin/../lib/deploy/pg_access_setup (LoadError) from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:inrequire’
from bin/pg_access_setup:3:in `’
I have spent some time googling for answers to this and I have checked
this forum’s archives for hints. I am either using the wrong terms or
not understanding what I am reading. Whatever the matter is, I cannot
decipher what the difference is.
If anyone here can tell me what I need to change to get this to work
under Ruby 1.9 AND Ruby 1.8 I would be most obliged,