Forum: Ruby on Rails Is there a rails forum?

sales (Guest)
Is there a Rails forum?
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 17:37
sales wrote:
> Is there a Rails forum?

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/3552
Jarkko L. (Guest)
On 16.11.2005, at 17.14, Richard W. wrote:

> Is there a Rails forum?

You just entered it. Coincidentally, the list is also mirrored in
http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3

//jarkko
sales (Guest)
Well, a forum is different from a list (in my mind at least). I'm
looking
for something like Google G.. I really don't like mailing lists
because
of the volume of emails (even in digest mode).

I know there is a ruby group but what about rails?

Richard
Jarkko L. (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 17:54
sales wrote:
> Well, a forum is different from a list (in my mind at least). I'm
> looking
> for something like Google G.. I really don't like mailing lists
> because
> of the volume of emails (even in digest mode).
>
> I know there is a ruby group but what about rails?

How does the forum interface to the list differ from any other forum?
You don't have to subscribe to the list, just hang around in
http://www.ruby-forum.com and pick the topics that you find interesting.

//jarkko
Rick (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 18:12
jarkko wrote:
> sales wrote:
>> Well, a forum is different from a list (in my mind at least). I'm
>> looking
>> for something like Google G.. I really don't like mailing lists
>> because
>> of the volume of emails (even in digest mode).
>>
>> I know there is a ruby group but what about rails?
>
> How does the forum interface to the list differ from any other forum?
> You don't have to subscribe to the list, just hang around in
> http://www.ruby-forum.com and pick the topics that you find interesting.
>
> //jarkko

Thank you.  I just found it prior to your response.  ruby-forum is what
I was looking for!

Rick
sean (Guest)
I actually set-up a forum and never got around to promoting it at
all.  But I promise that I would lovingly maintain it if folks want
to start using it.  All it takes is a few people to start using it
and the snowball effect will perpetuate itself and then we can all
have a nice searchable forum to complement this list :-)

http://www.ror-forums.com

Any thoughts on how to improve it for the community?

Sean
ezra (Guest)
There is also a fairly active ruby/rails forum on sitepoint.com:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227

Cheers-
-Ezra
mutagen (Guest)
On 11/16/05, Richard W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Well, a forum is different from a list (in my mind at least).    I'm looking
> for something like Google G..  I really don't like mailing lists because
> of the volume of emails (even in digest mode).

I use a gmail account for mailing lists because it combines some of
the best features of mailing lists and forums.

--
- Chris
Robert B. (Guest)
ezra wrote:
> There is also a fairly active ruby/rails forum on sitepoint.com:
>
> http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
>
> Cheers-
> -Ezra

Ezra: thanks for the link!

-Rob
mrj (Guest)
Richard W. wrote:
> Well, a forum is different from a list (in my mind at least).    I'm
> looking for something like Google G..  I really don't like mailing
> lists because of the volume of emails (even in digest mode).

This mailing list can be accessed, both for reading and posting,
through a Usenet news reader, at address