Forum: JRuby netbeans support for ruby dropped

A0c5c76e3c9ebf995d2514e743c08907?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Durgin (Guest)
I noticed today that Netbeans Ruby support is being dropped from version
7 (
http://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1507.html).  I'm going to miss
it.
What alternatives are recommended?
68381e630f863e6b76ff075e09c5139f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeffrey Lembeck (Guest)
I cannot recommend Rubymine enough for Ruby/Rails development in an IDE.

It is commercial, but well worth the money, especially since it is
running for less than half price right now ($29).

It's consistently maintained, well updated, and absolutely cannot be
touched if you are a Windows user.
13313ac2ec7ba7c43b1b952db034ff3b?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas E Enebo (Guest)
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Alex Durgin <alex.durgin@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I noticed today that Netbeans Ruby supportis being droppedfrom version
> 7(http://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1507.html). I'm going to miss
> it. What alternatives are recommended?

I have been talking to Netbeans team about us adopting the project and
this is a done deal.  Putting together some details and you should see
a blog post about this in the next few days.  So, if you like using
Netbeans dont worry, it will still be an available option in the
plugins catalog (not sure about the full Ruby product as an
independent download from netbeans site yet).

-Tom

--
blog: http://blog.enebo.com   twitter: tom_enebo
mail: tom.enebo@gmail.com