Forum: Ruby Ruby/erb S5 Helper?

Fc784eadb3b54531fdc3d2053db6f83f?d=identicon&s=25 Mat Schaffer (Guest)
I had a thought today about trying to create a ruby DSL for
generating S5 presentations.  Granted, S5 is fairly simple.  But I
think we could do better and have more functionality by using a
combination of Rake and Erb to generate the slides from templates.  I
already got code highlighting in slides that looks like this:

<% highlight :ruby do %>
Locale.set 'en-US'
"Welcome".t # => "Welcome"
<% end %>

Which I think is pretty cool.

Anyone know of a project like this or should I strike off and start
something?
-Mat
7572157852143be53747b2d08784cb6f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Barczewski (Guest)
On 3/2/07, Mat Schaffer <schapht@gmail.com> wrote:
> <% end %>
>
> Which I think is pretty cool.
>
> Anyone know of a project like this or should I strike off and start
> something?
> -Mat

S5 is compatible with XOXO a microformat for doing presentations. (I
think
XOXO is basically a subset of S5).

There is a Ruby XOXO parser and generator which was a port of the Python
implementation.
You might be able to get some ideas or functionality from it.

The email discussing it is here

PS. Keep me posted of your progress or if you create a mailing list, I
like
to use S5 myself for presentations.

Blessings,

Jeff
96931bfe0c2948f47a98e15ae52e5637?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Carter (cdcarter)
On 3/2/07, Mat Schaffer <schapht@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which I think is pretty cool.
>
> Anyone know of a project like this or should I strike off and start
> something?
> -Mat

Hi, I have this camping app that can do kind of what you want:
http://metacampsite.com/svn/presenter/
Fc784eadb3b54531fdc3d2053db6f83f?d=identicon&s=25 Mat Schaffer (Guest)
Cool, good advice so far.  I'm still not seeing quite what I'm
looking for.  XOXO is good, but I feel like a presentation should be
more than just an outline.  And I'd also like to do this as something
that you could email around, rather than a web app.

Also, does anyone know of a good ruby theme for S5?
-Mat
72ee7b478a235f646c3495f03ebbe676?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Stewart (Guest)
On 2 Mar 2007, at 16:57, Mat Schaffer wrote:

> Cool, good advice so far.  I'm still not seeing quite what I'm
> looking for.  XOXO is good, but I feel like a presentation should
> be more than just an outline.  And I'd also like to do this as
> something that you could email around, rather than a web app.

Paul Battley wrote a "Rake-driven text-to-S5 workflow" to simplify
the preparation of a talk he gave.  You can find it here, mentioned
towards the end of the article:

http://po-ru.com/diary/ten-things-i-hate-about-rails/

Regards,
Andy Stewart