Forum: Ruby on Rails Using Capistrano without the svn being excecuted on remote s

A39bc22e80090ca10bf55ecb4bb68fed?d=identicon&s=25 stemey (Guest)

I am trying ot Capistrano to deploy my ruby app. It seems that
Capistrano tries to load the source code from the remote server (the
one I want to deploy to) via svn. Unfortunately this is not possible
in my setup. Instead the source code has to be pushed to the remote
server. How can I achieve that?

Thanks,
Stefan
4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2007-03-01 15:09
stemey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying ot Capistrano to deploy my ruby app. It seems that
> Capistrano tries to load the source code from the remote server (the
> one I want to deploy to) via svn. Unfortunately this is not possible
> in my setup. Instead the source code has to be pushed to the remote
> server. How can I achieve that?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

You'll need to write a new task.

Capistrano has recently added a 'put' command.   It should be possible
to, for example, use rake to make a big .tar.gz of your app and then use
cap to put it onto the server and unzip it ?

A.
0ab6a5abab167b409f58d280dc59a229?d=identicon&s=25 Faisal N Jawdat (Guest)
On Mar 1, 2007, at 7:01 AM, stemey wrote:
> I am trying ot Capistrano to deploy my ruby app. It seems that
> Capistrano tries to load the source code from the remote server (the
> one I want to deploy to) via svn. Unfortunately this is not possible
> in my setup. Instead the source code has to be pushed to the remote
> server. How can I achieve that?

http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2006/12/06/a-capi...
for-local-svn-access

-faisal