Forum: GNU Radio Which hardware shall i use to implement this SDR?

779dccd6092e58cb0187489815bf7f3f?d=identicon&s=25 bhargav b (Guest)
Hi!

I am a software radio enthusiast and am a beginner.I have started
reading the code....but i want some guidance as how to proceed.

Also,i want to know the complete hardware implementation...i.e... which
boards i can use and where can i get?....i am ready to buy a board....i
am confused with this point .I want to implement it practically..please
help me...! I have got a catalog of boards from PENTEK corp. too.Which
board shall i use and how can i customize for a board i do use?(I
actually want to implement it as a pure software radio with minimal
hardware).

Thanks in advance.....
Bhargav,
Graduate Design Engineer,
Imagination Technologies
pune,India
3584d6621b77210f3614cf94ab62bde7?d=identicon&s=25 David Scaperoth (Guest)
On 3/1/07, bhargav b <bhargavaramudu_b@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am a software radio enthusiast and am a beginner.I have started reading
> the code....but i want some guidance as how to proceed.

have you played with the examples in the GNU Radio trunk?
/gnuradio-examples/...
That's the best place to start, then, when you are comfortable there
(flow
graphs, sinks, sources)...then I would suggest getting some hardware.

Also,i want to know the complete hardware implementation...i.e... which
> boards i can use and where can i get?....i am ready to buy a board....

Go to www.ettus.com  GNU Radio already comes with the drivers for this
board, and this is what the majority of GNU Radio posts are referencing
when
they talk about hardware (FPGA, USB2.0, etc.)

i am confused with this point .I want to implement it
practically..please
> help me...! I have got a catalog of boards from PENTEK corp. too.Whichboard shall i use
and how can i customize for a board i do use?(I actually
> want to implement it as a pure software radio with minimal hardware).

the USRP is the way to do it

Thanks in advance.....