Forum: GNU Radio Re: rx_buffer testbench

460093bb09dec2703db92b5400d967fa?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Monta (Guest)
Davide Anastasia writes:

> I'm trying to modify the rx_buffer module, in order to obtain a 1 bit
> quantization. Is it available a testbench for this module?

I'd also like quantization to less than 8 bits.  Attached is
a rough diff for rx_buffer.v that aims to support 4, 2, and
1-bit quantization.  This is very rough, and I don't even know
if it compiles (have to go get myself a copy of Quartus),
but it would be good to know from others on the list if this
is the right direction.

The stock rx_buffer.v implements round-to-zero.  It's not clear
if this is the most useful, actually---if I request 4-bit
samples, I'm more or less expecting 4-bit uniform quantization,
right?  So the attached patch changes to round-to-nearest-even.

Peter Monta