Forum: Ruby on Rails (no subject)

7eed1b4c2c0e57d73594780eb10d8bba?d=identicon&s=25 Jarod Reid (Guest)
I have run into a bit of an odd problem. I have searched the web with no
definitive answer. When running rake migrate I get

syntax error on line 18, col 2: `  host: localhost'.

Heres the yml:

# MySQL (default setup).  Versions 4.1 and 5.0 are recommended.

#

# Install the MySQL driver:

#   gem install mysql

# On MacOS X:

#   gem install mysql -- --include=/usr/local/lib

# On Windows:

#   gem install mysql

#       Choose the win32 build.

#       Install MySQL and put its /bin directory on your path.

#

# And be sure to use new-style password hashing:

#   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

development:

  adapter: mysql

  database: the_mighty_database

  username: the_mighty_username

  password:  the_mighty_password

  host: localhost

# Warning: The database defined as 'test' will be erased and

# re-generated from your development database when you run 'rake'.

# Do not set this db to the same as development or production.

test:

  adapter: mysql

  database: depot_test

  username: root

  password:

  host: localhost

production:

  adapter: mysql

  database: depot_production

  username: root

  password:

  host: localhost

I have checked the file over to no avail. Everything seems correctly
structured for YAML. any takers?

Jarod
5233478c51a92b6a1a5c970cbf3a42f3?d=identicon&s=25 Isak Hansen (Guest)
On 2/28/07, Jarod Reid <jarod@attollo.net> wrote:

*snip*

> I have checked the file over to no avail. Everything seems correctly
> structured for YAML� any takers?

Make sure you only use spaces. YAML blows up on tabs.

HTH,
Isak
It's very likely that the real problem is on line 17 (which I assume
you edited for content when posting)
-Rob

Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com