Forum: Ferret win32 11.1-rc2 ferret gem available?

A851bc531ec30b4ac753e76343b98ab2?d=identicon&s=25 dave developer (Guest)
Hello!

    I am developing a rails application in a test environment on Windows
XP and recently upgraded to InstantRails 1.5.  During the upgrade
process, I went to install the latest ferret gem and realized that the
latest gem compiled for Windows was 10.9.  We upgraded our production
environment (Ubuntu) to 11.1-rc2 successfully, but wanted to find out if
we were going to run into any problems conducting our testing with 10.9
and deploying into the 11.1-rc2 production environment.  If we were, is
there anyone that has compiled a win32 binary of the 11.1-rc2 gem?

    Thanks!
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
On 2/28/07, dave developer <ror_dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Hello!
>
>     I am developing a rails application in a test environment on Windows XP
> and recently upgraded to InstantRails 1.5.  During the upgrade process, I
> went to install the latest ferret gem and realized that the latest gem
> compiled for Windows was 10.9.  We upgraded our production environment
> (Ubuntu) to 11.1-rc2 successfully, but wanted to find out if we were going
> to run into any problems conducting our testing with 10.9 and deploying into
> the 11.1-rc2 production environment.  If we were, is there anyone that has
> compiled a win32 binary of the 11.1-rc2 gem?

I'll be compiling a win32 gem as soon as I'm sure there are no more
immediate issues with the current source version of Ferret. I've just
released 0.11.2-rc3. I'll give it 24hours and if there are no serious
issues I'll compile a win32 gem.

Cheers,
Dave
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
On 2/28/07, dave developer <ror_dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Hello!
>
>     I am developing a rails application in a test environment on Windows XP
> and recently upgraded to InstantRails 1.5.  During the upgrade process, I
> went to install the latest ferret gem and realized that the latest gem
> compiled for Windows was 10.9.  We upgraded our production environment
> (Ubuntu) to 11.1-rc2 successfully, but wanted to find out if we were going
> to run into any problems conducting our testing with 10.9 and deploying into
> the 11.1-rc2 production environment.  If we were, is there anyone that has
> compiled a win32 binary of the 11.1-rc2 gem?

Sorry, I didn't really fully answer your question. There are no major
API changes between the two versions you are using so if your app is
working with 0.10.9 then it should work with 0.11.2. There are however
differences in the index file format so you can't copy the index
across and 0.10.9 has a lot more bugs than 0.11.2. But for the short
term you should be fine.