Forum: Ruby Install mini_magick.gem

7c8f1ac636d1e3ed78c4e3797312b8df?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Denni (bluebottle)
on 2007-02-27 07:04
In search of a way to resize images using ruby, I was pointed to
http://rubyforge.org/projects/mini-magick/  which looks very promising.
I downloaded the .gem file and it's sitting on my desktop (mac OSX).  I
have never used ruby gems before, and have no idea what to do with it.
Any help here will be much appreciated :)
807270f56f26ad90755eef71f2c228fe?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Gutteridge (Guest)
On 27 Feb 2007, at 15:04, Jonathan Denni wrote:

You will need to install rubygems first - a library for Ruby that
handles package management via gems. Google for Rubygems, read the
manual and go from there. Once you have rubygems setup correctly you
wont need the gem file itself because rubygems downloads it
automagically.

Alex Gutteridge

Bioinformatics Center
Kyoto University
7c8f1ac636d1e3ed78c4e3797312b8df?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Denni (bluebottle)
on 2007-02-27 19:23
Alex Gutteridge wrote:
> On 27 Feb 2007, at 15:04, Jonathan Denni wrote:
>

> You will need to install rubygems first - a library for Ruby that
> handles package management via gems. Google for Rubygems, read the
> manual and go from there. Once you have rubygems setup correctly you
> wont need the gem file itself because rubygems downloads it
> automagically.
>
> Alex Gutteridge
>
> Bioinformatics Center
> Kyoto University

thanks!
i stumbled around a bit but I think I got it installed alright and didnt
break anything ^-^