Forum: Radiant CMS [ANN] Launched my Radiant site

2a8b3ea15e6a7c2d49d8554c2b58a1d9?d=identicon&s=25 BJ Clark (Guest)
Hello all,
I've finally launched my first Radiant powered site.
http://www.scidept.com/

It's a portfolio site for my design business.
I'm hosting it on a slice host slice (the $20 jobber).
Nginx + Mongrel on Ubuntu.

I'm using Mental Branch. I'm using the RSS Reader and Mailer extensions.

Also, FWIW, I've got "Thickbox" and sIFR 3 going on there and it
validates XHTML and CSS (except for thickbox, none of those modal
windows validate because of the opacity stuff).

Hopefully you should see alot more out of me when it comes do
documentation. I just left a steady job (friday) to go back to
freelance so I have been desperate to get this out.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions or anything, let me know. Just
thought you guys would like to see another live site.

BJ Clark
the science department
8802b1fa1b53e2197beea9454244f847?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Cribbs (Guest)
Congrats, BJ!  Beautifully done site.

Sean
C2039a07d052bfa20bf79356a6ed8ace?d=identicon&s=25 keith (Guest)
on 2007-03-15 01:11
Nice job - how did you get the nav to highlight the current page though?

Keith

BJ Clark wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've finally launched my first Radiant powered site.
> http://www.scidept.com/
>
> It's a portfolio site for my design business.
> I'm hosting it on a slice host slice (the $20 jobber).
> Nginx + Mongrel on Ubuntu.
>
> I'm using Mental Branch. I'm using the RSS Reader and Mailer extensions.
>
> Also, FWIW, I've got "Thickbox" and sIFR 3 going on there and it
> validates XHTML and CSS (except for thickbox, none of those modal
> windows validate because of the opacity stuff).
>
> Hopefully you should see alot more out of me when it comes do
> documentation. I just left a steady job (friday) to go back to
> freelance so I have been desperate to get this out.
>
> Anyway, if anyone has any questions or anything, let me know. Just
> thought you guys would like to see another live site.
>

> BJ Clark
> the science department
653df32382f1dd1fc89754c4582858ae?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Sheppard (Guest)

Looks like just a use of the <r:navigation/> tag.

Dan.
964ab831db8c813d1d7cdf2322810e54?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Olsson (Guest)
Looking good! What did you do to get comments going?

Martin Olsson
http://smpl.se
2a8b3ea15e6a7c2d49d8554c2b58a1d9?d=identicon&s=25 BJ Clark (Guest)
Just saw this,
Yeah, I used the r:navigation, I can post the actual code I used if
you need to see it.
As for the blog, it's Mephisto, not radiant, because I really really
like mephisto, and it's broken cause I'm a lazy ass and way to busy
with paying work. :D

BJ
Aeaf22d9d8ef478d320be90158bcd39e?d=identicon&s=25 Jamie M. Wilkinson (Guest)
On Mar 18, 2007, at 11:29 PM, BJ Clark wrote:

> Just saw this,
> Yeah, I used the r:navigation, I can post the actual code I used if
> you need to see it.
> As for the blog, it's Mephisto, not radiant, because I really really
> like mephisto, and it's broken cause I'm a lazy ass and way to busy
> with paying work. :D

Did you simply clone the layout code across the two systems, or is
there some neat transclusion going on?

-jamie
2a8b3ea15e6a7c2d49d8554c2b58a1d9?d=identicon&s=25 BJ Clark (Guest)
No, Just cloned the layout across both platforms. I couldn't figure
anything cool out because Mephisto uses liquid.

BJ