Forum: GNU Radio Demodulation video in NTSC Brazil

0fc7a677b1a2db1fb2c0c6bf0b35803b?d=identicon&s=25 CLEBER CEZAR (Guest)
Hello, I am engineering student and I am carrying through my final work
of undergraduation. The aim of this work is to try to measure how much
of delay there is in the NTSC video decoding and for this I need an
application of NTSC running in gnuradio. I would like to know if
somebody knows some application that can help me.
  Cleber

Cleber,

--- CLEBER CEZAR <clebertele@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>   Hello, I am engineering student and I am carrying
> through my final work of undergraduation. The aim of
> this work is to try to measure how much of delay
> there is in the NTSC video decoding and for this I
> need an application of NTSC running in gnuradio.

I'm a couple of weeks away from finishing an NTSC
decoding blockset using gnuradio. I've written a
prototype: you can find it at

http://www.danielgarcia.info/thesis/

Unfortunately, the software doesn't work with most
NTSC signals out there. I used my cable signal (which
has a DC bias), that caused me to make some very bad
assumptions about the signal. I hope to a have an
improved version by the end of the week.

I have not measured the delay path but when I watch
the TV next to the application both seem to be in sync
(at least visually). My guess is that there is at most
250ms delay (probably much less).

I'll be posting an update by the end of the week.

-Daniel

http://new.mail.yahoo.com