Forum: Ruby on Rails mongrel woes

0c1d26989fe0a2eea6daf6cdb5c7484b?d=identicon&s=25 Oliver (Guest)
hi,

I have a rail app running in development mode, and I usually start it
by "mongrel_rails start" in the development directory.

It always run ok when I first start it or even many hours after that.
However, the next day ... it will stop responding, the browser stops
at "Waiting for reply", and no page show up.

Any idea how I get more debug information on where it went wrong?

Thanks

Oliver
0c1d26989fe0a2eea6daf6cdb5c7484b?d=identicon&s=25 Oliver (Guest)
BTW - logs/mongrel.log and development.log didn't have any failed
information.
E9f0abb0dae590bd434bb945a2a5e7e5?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Krushen (Guest)
On 2/26/07, Oliver <fwang2@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a rail app running in development mode, and I usually start it
> by "mongrel_rails start" in the development directory.
>
> It always run ok when I first start it or even many hours after that.
> However, the next day ... it will stop responding, the browser stops
> at "Waiting for reply", and no page show up.
>
> Any idea how I get more debug information on where it went wrong?

The mongrel FAQ has a few things you should try:

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/faq.html

J.