Forum: GNU Radio InBand Signaling SPI and I2C

79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
Currently, the FX2 controls the SPI and I2C operations.  For the
InBand signaling to work with tight time constraints, those operations
are going to have to be controlled by the FPGA instead.

Does the FPGA have connections to do so?  If not, are there unused IO
that can be used to a modified USRP?

Brian
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:47:20AM -0500, Brian Padalino wrote:
> Currently, the FX2 controls the SPI and I2C operations.  For the
> InBand signaling to work with tight time constraints, those operations
> are going to have to be controlled by the FPGA instead.
>
> Does the FPGA have connections to do so?  If not, are there unused IO
> that can be used to a modified USRP?
>
> Brian

Yes.  I think it's going to take a small amount of rework on the USRP.

Matt, can you spell this out?  As I recall we were going to need to
put the "Mystery Signal" to work ;)

Eric