Forum: Ruby great Ruby IDE -finally ?: Netbeans 6 M7

A5f7ca0f659f0c4f09c2bd084bd48d43?d=identicon&s=25 Markus Jais (Guest)
hi

I just downloaded Netbeans 6 M7 and played with the new Ruby support.
the first impression is really great. definitely something to try out.

one link about this:
http://cld.blog-city.com/cutting_edge__jruby_suppo...

you have to  install the Ruby support via the update center.

I have not tested it intensively but it looks very promising.

also has support for Rake and Rails.

best wishes

Markus
66ee7322baa39d69aceadc45cca59d1d?d=identicon&s=25 fabian.erbach@googlemail.com (Guest)
Hello,

> I just downloaded Netbeans 6 M7 and played with the new Ruby support.
> the first impression is really great. definitely something to try out.

sounds promising, but how did you get it to run and on which OS?

I've tried it under win but the installer (http://www.netbeans.info/
downloads/dev.php, Netbeans 6, Q-Build) only produces an empty
directory.

Any hints?

Regards,

Fabian
66ee7322baa39d69aceadc45cca59d1d?d=identicon&s=25 Fabian (Guest)
> I've tried it under win but the installer (http://www.netbeans.info/
> downloads/dev.php, Netbeans 6, Q-Build) only produces an empty
> directory.

Hello,

I've tried the "Archive Distributions" version and it's working fine
under xp now.

Very good intellisense, the best I've seen so far for ruby!!

Regards,

Fabian