Forum: GNU Radio remote gnuradio session

C369ebbe1655201988e376af57460f23?d=identicon&s=25 Achilleas Anastasopoulos (Guest)
Maybe this is a bit off topic (I apologize):

I want to do a gnuradio demo using a laptop and connecting remotely
to my desktop (where gnuradio is installed and the USRP is connected).

Using
ssh -Y
I can get all windows appear etc (eg, usrp_fft.py works fine),
but I have not been able to "redirect"
audio to my local computer (eg, usrp_wfm_rcv.py does not work).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Achilleas
Cec0a4bf0e0575f3a3171892e6097e59?d=identicon&s=25 Johnathan Corgan (Guest)
Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

> but I have not been able to "redirect"
> audio to my local computer (eg, usrp_wfm_rcv.py does not work).
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?

The X remote protocol doesn't ship sound.

It's not trivial, but there's a solution:

http://www.radscan.com/nas.html

Your distribution may have this already packaged.  I used this several
years ago but don't recall the details on how it is set up or how well
it worked.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC