Forum: Ruby Searched Files -- Now Display in UI

A2d4a810a8f10efa031e74969b16ace9?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hi All:

I made a small simple program to search for regular expressions
interactively in inputted particular directory and its sub-
directories.

Its a simple short program in Ruby (one of my Initial ones).

I direct my output to a log file in the format I want to.

Now that I have an Output of Files, I want a UI for this, so that the
listed files are displayed right there in a UI Frame that I can click
directly to open. I don't want to get the path from my log file and
then open it.

1. To me, I would guess this would need a UI Library. Which one to
use?
2. Can we do this with the File Listed there in the UI frame and I can
directly open the file from there?
3. Platform currently being focussed on: Windows XP.  If the UI is
portable,I guess it would work under Linux also?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
05337aed68267daec2996e5ca732d476?d=identicon&s=25 Akbar Home (rinda)
On Feb 22, 8:40 pm, drinnovati...@gmail.com wrote:
> Now that I have an Output of Files, I want a UI for this, so that the
>
> Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Tk is the most portable one (although it is ugly).
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ext_tk.html
A2d4a810a8f10efa031e74969b16ace9?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
> Tk is the most portable one (although it is
ugly).http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ext_tk.html- Hide quoted text -

Can this be done as per Original Quesion...
"2. Can we do this with the File Listed there in the UI frame and I
can
directly open the file from there? "

Any pointers where I can read about this.
Is there a cleaner library than Tk?
Like Swing in Java.