Forum: Ruby on Rails RejectConf @RailsConf

8c6f7a9319edb23cd79440d7202d8668?d=identicon&s=25 Richard White (Guest)
on 2007-02-22 09:53
I heard about the success that was RejectConf which was put on in
parallel to RubyConf for all those who's presentation proposals got shot
down. I definitely interested in seeing something like this put together
for RailsConf and I'll volunteer to present as well. I'm sure other
people would want to get in on the action as well.

Who's interested? Who'd be willing to organize it?
Cb2b768a5e546b24052ea03334e43676?d=identicon&s=25 Dr Nic (nicwilliams)
on 2007-02-22 09:58
Richard White wrote:
> I heard about the success that was RejectConf which was put on in
> parallel to RubyConf for all those who's presentation proposals got shot
> down. I definitely interested in seeing something like this put together
> for RailsConf and I'll volunteer to present as well. I'm sure other
> people would want to get in on the action as well.
>
> Who's interested? Who'd be willing to organize it?

I heard that Robby Russell (http://robbyonrails.com/) purchased the
domain rejectconf.com - I'd expected he'd at least have some interesting
in organising (plus he's a local Portlander).
8c6f7a9319edb23cd79440d7202d8668?d=identicon&s=25 Richard White (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 02:13
Dr Nic wrote:
> Richard White wrote:
>> I heard about the success that was RejectConf which was put on in
>> parallel to RubyConf for all those who's presentation proposals got shot
>> down. I definitely interested in seeing something like this put together
>> for RailsConf and I'll volunteer to present as well. I'm sure other
>> people would want to get in on the action as well.
>>
>> Who's interested? Who'd be willing to organize it?
>
> I heard that Robby Russell (http://robbyonrails.com/) purchased the
> domain rejectconf.com - I'd expected he'd at least have some interesting
> in organising (plus he's a local Portlander).

BUMP! for being only a week away...
Cb2b768a5e546b24052ea03334e43676?d=identicon&s=25 Dr Nic (nicwilliams)
on 2007-05-10 07:54
Richard White wrote:
> BUMP! for being only a week away...

Latest I heard no one had organised anything and the vibe is it will be
organize during the conf.

So, I created a mailing list/group to help coordinate btw the 1200
potentially interest ppl :)

http://groups.google.com/group/rejectconf
Cb2b768a5e546b24052ea03334e43676?d=identicon&s=25 Dr Nic (nicwilliams)
on 2007-05-10 09:25
Dr Nic wrote:
> Richard White wrote:
>> BUMP! for being only a week away...
>
> Latest I heard no one had organised anything and the vibe is it will be
> organize during the conf.
>
> So, I created a mailing list/group to help coordinate btw the 1200
> potentially interest ppl :)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rejectconf

Announcement:

http://drnicwilliams.com/2007/05/10/rejectconf-at-railsconf/
8c6f7a9319edb23cd79440d7202d8668?d=identicon&s=25 Richard White (rrwhite)
on 2007-05-11 00:09
Dr Nic wrote:
> Dr Nic wrote:
>> Richard White wrote:
>>> BUMP! for being only a week away...
>>
>> Latest I heard no one had organised anything and the vibe is it will be
>> organize during the conf.
>>
>> So, I created a mailing list/group to help coordinate btw the 1200
>> potentially interest ppl :)
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rejectconf
>
> Announcement:
>
> http://drnicwilliams.com/2007/05/10/rejectconf-at-railsconf/