Forum: Ruby Simple web site - Rails, Nitro, Others?

3b13ec62b698e090380141365765e690?d=identicon&s=25 Dan (Guest)

I've developed a mid-sized web application in rails, but I'm not sure
rails is the right choice for my latest project.

I need to put together a web site with a handful of pages and a few
dynamic elements driven by interactive web service lookups.  I don't
need a database and don't expect the site to expand a lot, but would
like to have some integrated page level caching.

I'd prefer to use ruby, but I only need the simplest of web frameworks
(even something PHPish would probably do).  I found Nitro, but the
lack of documentation scares me - I don't want to spend weeks trying
to figure out how to do simple things :)  Any suggestions?  Also, is
anyone using nitro in a production app?

Thanks!
Dan
4dea430d31b993abaf41cd9b54f8128d?d=identicon&s=25 Avdi Grimm (Guest)
On 2/21/07, Dan <dan.gottlieb@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd prefer to use ruby, but I only need the simplest of web frameworks
> (even something PHPish would probably do).  I found Nitro, but the
> lack of documentation scares me - I don't want to spend weeks trying
> to figure out how to do simple things :)  Any suggestions?  Also, is
> anyone using nitro in a production app?

Check out Camping :-)

http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/camping