Forum: GNU Radio New User

E7d898cbd318a519536acfa9796583e2?d=identicon&s=25 Kalyanam, Janani (Guest)

I am new to GNU radios.  I was wondering if/where I could find
experiments
to transmit and receive a simple sine wave, to get started off.

Thanks
Janani Kalyanam

PS - I am sorry if this is the third time you are getting the same mail,
but
for some reason my earlier mails never seem to get processed!
Cec0a4bf0e0575f3a3171892e6097e59?d=identicon&s=25 Johnathan Corgan (Guest)
Kalyanam, Janani wrote:

> I am new to GNU radios.  I was wondering if/where I could find
> experiments to transmit and receive a simple sine wave, to get
> started off.

Please look at:

gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/usrp_siggen.py

This allows you to create a variety of waveforms either at baseband or
upconverted to a carrier frequency.  You'll of course need one of the TX
or RFX daughterboards to transmit.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC