Forum: Ruby Is net/https part of ruby's stdlib?

A24e072d6092870feff0d5016ff2cdd0?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron Patterson (Guest)
Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library?  Can I safely assume that
it is installed when developing a gem for distribution?

It seems to be installed on FC4 with the ruby-libs package, but it
looks like you have to install a special package for ubuntu.
4dea430d31b993abaf41cd9b54f8128d?d=identicon&s=25 Avdi Grimm (Guest)
On 2/21/07, Aaron Patterson <aaron_patterson@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library?  Can I safely assume that
> it is installed when developing a gem for distribution?

Ubuntu (and Debian in general) divides up the Ruby standard distribution
into a number of smaller packages.
On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Aaron Patterson wrote:

> Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library?

Yes.

> Can I safely assume that it is installed when developing a gem for
> distribution?

Seems likely.  I bet RubyGems depends on a standard library or five,
so they should have to resolve any crazy repackaging issues before
they get to downloading your gem.

James Edward Gray II
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:04:16AM +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> so they should have to resolve any crazy repackaging issues before
> they get to downloading your gem.

Excellent.  Thanks for clearing that up for me!