Forum: Ruby on Rails cannot remove Object::STRING

934f858e451cf9b771996b2940cd696b?d=identicon&s=25 Raj Singh (dorelal)
When I execute rake db:migrate I am getting following error.

rake aborted!
cannot remove Object::STRING

Everything was working fine just two days ago. How do I find what
change caused this problem. And what is this problem? How to fix it?

Thanks.
Hi Neeraj;

Neeraj Kumar wrote:

> rake aborted!
> cannot remove Object::STRING

I don't know the source of the problem, but thought you might like to
know
you're not alone.

I downloaded the new release of Instant Rails yesterday and copied an
existing application over.  I've done this before and not had problems.
Yesterday I got errors very similar to what you're seeing, although they
were ActionController errors when I started the app.  The 'cannot remove
Object::' part of the message was the same, but for me it was appended
with
'Comment'.  The wierd part was that when I hit the reload button on the
browser the page loaded.  That page has a form that submits to another
action in the same controller.  Clicking the submit button got me
another
ActionController error.  This one telling me no action responded.
Wierd.

I haven't figured out what's going on yet, but when I do I'll post back.
Hope you'll do the same if you figure it out first.

Best regards,
Bill