Forum: Ruby on Rails ferret error in rake:db migrate

Cde4c5bcf2cdc7f64e8285e77e1e1b83?d=identicon&s=25 Preston Preston (prestonparris)
on 2007-02-19 22:13
I'm using this book Beginning ruby on rails e-commerce from apress. I'm
trying to just load a lesson that I downloaded the source from, I
installed ferret properly, Yet when I try to rake:db migrate I get
this... rake aborted, no such file to load
--ferret.

I realize this is probably a simple error on my part, but if someone
could tell me what im doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thank
you.
9dfe8c734b0f9b37a4e218425c0a2138?d=identicon&s=25 gene.tani@gmail.com (Guest)
On Feb 19, 1:13 pm, Preston Preston <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> I'm using this book Beginning ruby on rails e-commerce from apress. I'm
> trying to just load a lesson that I downloaded the source from, I
> installed ferret properly, Yet when I try to rake:db migrate I get
> this... rake aborted, no such file to load
> --ferret.

i vaguely remember getting messages like this if the ferret and
a_a_ferret gems didn't install properly (ferret needs ruby-devel, or
other C library headers on differetn unix platforms).  When you
install the gem, does it install cleanly?
Cde4c5bcf2cdc7f64e8285e77e1e1b83?d=identicon&s=25 Preston Preston (prestonparris)
on 2007-02-20 04:42
gene.tani@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 19, 1:13 pm, Preston Preston <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
> wrote:
>> I'm using this book Beginning ruby on rails e-commerce from apress. I'm
>> trying to just load a lesson that I downloaded the source from, I
>> installed ferret properly, Yet when I try to rake:db migrate I get
>> this... rake aborted, no such file to load
>> --ferret.
>>

> i vaguely remember getting messages like this if the ferret and
> a_a_ferret gems didn't install properly (ferret needs ruby-devel, or
> other C library headers on differetn unix platforms).  When you
> install the gem, does it install cleanly?

yeah when i install everything is fine
Fbd9cb107fe7c941333d6a3488691989?d=identicon&s=25 Ramon Tayag (ramontayag)
isn't it "rake db:migrate" ?

Ramon Miguel M. Tayag