SOAPAction: "http://tempuri.org/ReturnLastPriceList"
Date: Mon Feb 19 20:41:00 +0100 2007
Host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
  <env:Body>
    <ReturnLastPriceList xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">ZVDPR</
ReturnLastPriceList>

  </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

= Response

HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:40:40 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
Connection: close

I have this web service client in C# but I would like to make it on
ruby. I ask you for some help, example or a hint.
Thanks in advance.

dima
97550977337c9f0a0e1a9553e55bfaa0?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Svitok (Guest)
On 2/19/07, dima <dejan.dimic@gmail.com> wrote:
>     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
> ruby. I ask you for some help, example or a hint.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> dima

Just a guess (knowing almost nothing about IIS, NTLM nor WSDL): This
seems to be an authentication problem. Somewhere (ruby's tracker?
svn?) there's a patch that adds ntlm auth support for net/http.
Perhaps you could try that. (see ruby-core:10341)
788622ab7e1f792ca653eeacbe5c1db3?d=identicon&s=25 rcoder (Guest)
On Feb 19, 11:57 am, "dima" <dejan.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> = Response
>
> HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:40:40 GMT
> WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
> WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
> Connection: close

Your web server is rejecting your connection attempt, because you
haven't authenticated. If your client will only run on Windows
systems, you could try the patch below[1], which supports NTLM
authentication; otherwise, consider using client IP address, or some
application-level control, for authentication, as NTLM is a
proprietary Microsoft auth mechanism, and will block most client
platforms from being able to access your service.

-Lennon

1 -
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail...
04952a6ee948f345e9c3727850d09a1b?d=identicon&s=25 dima (Guest)
Thank you for you swift response.
I guessed that the problem is with authentication and with NTLM.
Unfortunately I do not know what that is all about.
It will be extremely helpful if you have some kind of sample code.

dima
On Feb 20, 12:31 am, "dima" <dejan.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for you swift response.
> I guessed that the problem is with authentication and with NTLM.
> Unfortunately I do not know what that is all about.
> It will be extremely helpful if you have some kind of sample code.

My suggestion would be to talk to your server administrator, and see
about turning off the NTLM auth -- as I said, it's a proprietary spec
used almost exclusively Microsoft-only shops, and is going to cause
you all kinds of problems when trying to access your web service from
other client platforms. (Plus, anything based on NTLM auth is
inherently insecure, as it's rather easy to crack the LanMan hash
format.)

If you really need HTTP authentication, stick to the basics: HTTP-
Digest, optionally protected by HTTPS if you need transport-level
encryption, too. Take a look here for some examples of using standard
HTTP authentication with a ruby SOAP client:

http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/soap...

Hope that helps,

-rcoder
04952a6ee948f345e9c3727850d09a1b?d=identicon&s=25 dima (Guest)
I had to use the 3rd party web service that will not change by mine
request.
The rubyntlm has a working http example, throughout socket connection,
that I will explore and try to combine with soap4r.
I will share the results of this quest.

dima